September 30, 2011

Pie Heaven!

I've been to Round Top before on our treasure hunts, but never have tried the famous pies at Royer's Cafe! My Mom & I took a little trip to Royer's the day before we got to meet Rachel Ashwell...
let me tell you...Bud has created ...
PIE HEAVEN!!!

Bud outside Royer's

I decided to go with their bestseller...the Apple Pie...Yummy!
It has stacks of fresh, delicious Granny Smith apples that are topped with a decadent brown sugar and pecan topping...as they say at Royer's...OMGX6! 

The apple pie at Royer's is hands down the BEST apple pie I have ever had in my life and I can't believe it took me this long to try it...
OMG I have been missing out on all this deliciousness!

After our wonderful lunch at The Prairie...Mom & I stopped by Bud's new Pie Shop and got a few pies to take home...I am trying to save mine for Thanksgiving...but I have a feeling it's going to be gone by next week for sure!

I was so impressed by Bud's service to many parts of the community. Bud donates 2 pies to every project completed by Dwell with Dignity. Dwell with Dignity is a non-profit group of Interior Designers and volunteers that create inspiring home design for families struggling with poverty and homelessness.

Bud also runs Operation : Desert Pie, for $76 you can send 2 delicious pies to a soldier...
what a wonderful gift to receive..."The Ultimate Slice of Home"

Thanks Bud for such a wonderful lunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment